a3187393737_2
Feels like: gloomy, introverted, fun, spacey, dreamy, dark, upbeat

This is a wicked electronic, sort-of-dancey EP I bumped into on Bandcamp the other day which I think is pretty easy to get into and it really has an identity of its own. The whole thing is only about 15 minutes long so you have no good reason not to.

My thoughts on songs:

The second song "This Is A Test" starts off with a slow and dark feel but then it transitions seamlessly into these heavily processed robotic vocals and a four to the floor dance beat.

"09:35" is introduced with this really great sounding chord progression being played by a really warm synth sound that I like a lot. However there is this section toward the end of the song where all the melodies are dropped and there are just drums and bleeps which sounds like it might go down well in a club or something but it doesn't really sit well with me.

"Freezing" (featuring Sat Up And Begged, presumably performing vocals) starts off sounding so so fantastic, a sort of dark and lonely but still super glossy and catchy sounding pop song complete with female vocals but instead of continuing on from the intro with more juicy music the song just ends, having lasted all of 45 seconds. I'm not sure if this was a purposeful decision or the song just wasn't finished but I reckon it'd have sounded great if it was developed further into a longer tune.

"A Comedown" is pretty neat, I like a lot of the timbres in here, especially the sort of lo-fi, fuzzy sounding pads and some of the organic noises thrown in (I think I heard a cough in the end? It was cool).

Click here or on the image above to listen to and download the album